Tuesday 14 September 2010

Electric Storms in Saitama

Firstly, I want to apologise for not blogging sooner... I guess having a job tires you out huh! But I am determined not to neglect my blog!!!

So we had a CRAZY thunderstorm... We had the door open with the mosquito net on, and we heard it start to rain. Which was strange because the days weather had been beautiful blue skies (Japan's weather is so irratic)! So (me being obsessed with the climate/earthquakes and everything here) I checked the report on the internet of see if our area had been forecast for rain/monsoon, and our area was in red for high alert to expect severe Electric Storms, Heavy Rain and flooding... and all I wanted to do was go and stand out in it! I think it's because it was so unexpected and like nothing we had ever seen before!!! It was incredible!

The first video is from our balcony and we were lucky because we were on the right side of the building to be shaded from the rain... but me not thinking (and having no common-sense what so ever) decided to go to the corridor and open the window (which is on the other side of the building!) for no longer than 3 seconds and I got totally and utterly drenched!!!! Then the second video is from the front of my builing!



1 comment: