Sunday 27 February 2011

Hanegi Ume Matsuri

I've got a new camera :-) I decided to go test it out at a Japanese apricot/plum blossom festival! It was SUCH a beautiful day for it and the camera is way better than I even thought possible, so I'm a very happy girl, unfortunately I wasn't feeling 100% so I didn't stay too long... I got enough photos though (this post is going to be mostly photos).

The photo above was by complete accident... I'd been pressing all the buttons on the camera and it did this - kinda cool... pretty much sums up the whole event in one photo.

There were so many people there, it seemed that this blossom attracted all types of people too, young and old, rich and poor. I love Japan for it's diversity... no one is judged, people can walk around wearing what they want and being who they want to be... it's rare and I love it! I am really looking forward to the cherry blossom in spring I think that this is just a warm-up festival!

In this park there were over 300 Ume (Japanese Apricot and Plum) Trees and a ridiculous amount of different types of this tree and flower, colours ranging from bright white, through to light yellow to bright pink (and reds apparently but I didn't see any here). 
There was lots of people having picnics and there were lots of food stalls.

There were rows and rows of people selling beautiful flowers and cuttings from the plum trees. I wanted to buy one and take one back to England with me, but apparently that's NOT allowed - how silly am I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment