Sunday 27 June 2010

This time last year...

We were at Glastonbury!!!! We have been watching some of the gigs that have been uploaded to YouTube to get in the Glastonbury spirit! But this year... we are in Japan, don't think that has quite sunk in yet, but we have been here for 2 weeks. It's all still quite daunting.


So yesterday we went to Tokyo Bay where there is a BBQ field - everyone in Tokyo has pretty much the same problem, no where to BBQ. It wasn't what we were expecting at all to be honest... we were told "best place to BBQ in Tokyo" and "field looking over the sea" or something like that. and we got there and it was a field full of people having BBQs... no view and not to much of a special field. I think I'm concentrating too much on the negatives... Don't get me wrong, if we had booked like everyone else it was probably great (you got designated tables with gazebos). And despite the rain... (yes it rained) we all ate alot of food, had some drinks, chatted loads, and all had a really great time!!! :-)
We packed up and we were all very full, and maybe a little drunk... so we decided it was a good idea to go on the Ferris wheel/tiny London Eye replica thing.


So that was a pretty big thing for me... being in a enclosed space, not being able to get off, being high up. Yeah, I am really proud of myself so thanks to Fran, Dave and KT for going with me!!!! :-D and the view was pretty good!!!



So it is Sunday today, and we said we wanted to go to Harajuku again to take photos of those famous Harajuku girls... to be honest Harajuku is an amazing place for fashion, and pancakes, and it has a great park called Yoyogi Park (if its good weather tomorrow, im going to take a towel and chill out there whilst Fran is at his interview!!!! I need to get me a tan!) but for what it went for... the crazily dressed teenagers, Harajuku was a bit of a let down... again. We went about 3pm, and we saw a few crazily dressed people but nothing to really hang round and photograph.


There was this one girl, stood by herself, everyone was taking photos of her, so I handed Fran the camera and went and got in the photo with her. She looked so cute and sooooooo overdressed! I wish I had seen more people like that!!!! Its fun!!! But, I am determind to see more... so one sunday in the not too distant future, I'm going get up early and head down there before noon, see whether there is anymore action.

No comments:

Post a Comment