Saturday 16 October 2010

Asakusa's Sensoji Temple is now open!

 I was amazed to see how unbelievably crowed it was in Asakusa ... It was silly of me really because it was a Saturday! Everywhere was covered in Autumn decorations, it all looked beautiful with the fake red and yellow leaves and the lanterns up. The weather is getting colder now around 23° at the hightest temperature but there is a cool/cold wind so everyone has been wrapping up warm, wearing coats, hats and scarfs... I personally think it's a little too warm still to be wearing coats and hats because when the sun is out, it's so hot again, but at night there is a strong wind it's turning a little bitter! I should be a weather reporter haha, I waffle too much haha... sorry about that! :-)
I remember when me and Fran came here first, the main Temple area was being renovated, so we couldn't even see it! When I walked to the end of this shopping market isle I could see that the new temple was finished... it was pretty awesome much bigger than I had imagined it would be! I think maybe it had only just opened or something because there were lots of festival stalls and food stalls and a little Japanese play going on, it seemed like they were celebrating the re-opening of it!
The view from the Temple steps... that's right... I went inside!!!
The art on the Temple's ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment