Monday 11 October 2010

Imperial Palace

I bought a new lens!!!!!!!!!! oh dear - I know! I was playing with my friends lenses the other day and I just fell in love with one of them. So I got myself a 50mm (special for portrait work) and f:1.4 which means - everything except the focal point will blur!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I decided to take it out on a test run. Fran was working because it is was a public holiday (Public holiday means LOTS OF LESSONS - so he always works them!) It was SUCH a beautiful day - I have honestly NEVER seen the sky this blue It was quite surreal (as most of this Japan experience is for us - hehe) I thought where can I go close by to take photos of flowers and things and I imediatly thought of the Imperial Palace not to far away from Tokyo JR Station. 
 Dave and KT had taken us there when we first got to Japan and there were sooooo many flowers but I think that I was just amazed by the scenery I kind of looked over the flowers.  So I hopped on a train and went to the Imperial Palace.
I can honestly say... if you are going to the Imerial Palace to look at flowers DON'T go in Autumn, I think I saw like 5 different flowers and loads of brown dead plants! It wasn't that attractive - but I am comparing it to when we saw it in Summer which was stunning! There was a big difference. Anyway, I conserntrated on the flowers a did see and was quite happy walking and snapping away for a couple of hours!
On the walk back to the station there was a little park with flowers and some water features and fountains. There have been a few times (and I have blogged about them) when in water fountains I have seen a rainbow or some kind of flare from the sun, well I was AMAZED by this one I saw - so was everyone - I stood there for about 5 mins admiring it and by the time I was about to leave there were lots of people with cameras out and their phones taking photos of it! It was amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment