Monday 11 October 2010

Sunshine City, Ikebukuro


I can't believe no-one had told me about this place!!! Sunshine City... I found out about it through my mum! Mum, Dad, Nan and Arthur have all BOOKED their tickets to come in April. Ow, and whilst we are on news like that Matt has booked his tickets and is flying out for christmas! I can't tell you how excited I am!!! I honestly can't wait to see them all!!!! Anyway... yes, Sunshine City, So Mum and that lot are all staying in Ikebukuro, I been through it but never stopped to admire the beauty. It's a really nice place, clean (obviously! It's Japan!), lots of shops, lots of restaurants, it's going to be a great place to stay!!! But my mum told me there is a 60 floor observation tower so I wanted to check it out. I got there at about 4pm and the sun usually sets about 5:30pm though it is starting to get earlier now!!! I wanted to go to watch the sunset, because it had been such a beautiful clear day I was hoping to see a spectactular sunset. I really wasn't prepared for how amazing the view actually was!!!
This one is looking out over Saitama (where we live!) you can nearly see Mt. Takoe in the  background.
This is looking over over Central Tokyo, South Tokyo and Yokohama... you can just see the sea.
This is one is looking out over Ikebukuro and West Tokyo, and I'm not sure what the mountains on the Horizon are.

This is my empty glass and my receipt from the cafe on the 60th floor. I got myself a nice seat and a coke to watch the sunset, and it was just brilliant. Although, every time I go out of my way to watch the sunset in Japan clouds always hide the sun!!! hehe. But I shouldn't complain, it was fantastic, but could have been better on a totally clear day! So I'm gunna hold out for that perfect clear day, then hopefully I will be able to see Mt Fuji!
I stayed til it went dark and then tooka few quick photos and came home - it was a great day !!! I really enjoyed it and my new camera lens is just awesome! I love it! I can't wait to take more photos with it!!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment