Monday 29 November 2010

Chillaxing with the birds of Kama-Gawa River


We were literally exhausted after walking over 11 miles and being up for about 17 hours and only managing a few hours the night before! We decided (as our return night bus wasn't picking us up til 11:45pm) that we would have a lay in tl 10:30am and go and have the all you can eat breakfast buffet and oh my god did we sleep well!!!!!!! And it was definitely the right plan because we both felt really energetic for our day ahead!



We had to cross over the Kama-gawa river to get the to train station and we saw a grey heron and a white long legged bird standing on some rocks. I took some photos and and the white bird flew off we realised that down the river only 100meters there were LOADS of the white birds! We had never seen this type of bird before but I searched the web when I got home and I think they are Great Egrets (I used this site http://identify.whatbird.com/mwg/_/0/attrs.aspx to identify them - but if I'm wrong please let me know - Arthur! haha)





We were just about to leave when Fran (and the Great Egrets!!!) spotted a HUGE hawk!!!! Flying above us!!! I have HONESTLY never seen a bird that big in the wild! Absolutely amazing (and a little scary!)!



Again, I'm not 100% sure but I think it might have been an eagle based on the size of it... It was awesome to see anyway!!! After a few mins he flew away and the Egrets settled again, though they all were fighting with each other over their food!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment