Saturday 6 November 2010

Update on Us, Weather and Earthquakes

Us
We are both doing great, I'm just getting over a cold and Fran doesn't seem to have caught the colds I have, which is great! We are both working hard still but have made plans to do something fun every weekend with our days off together - make the most being a "tourist" in Japan!!!! After all we are here on a working/holiday! On the last weekend of November we plan to go to Kyoto, we are still unsure how we will get there and whether we will stay over one night or just DO KYOTO IN A DAY... don't know how possible that actually is! Ow... and Fran has a list of things he wants to get done :-) music/mma/editing/photography etc etc, I am so so sooooooo impressed :-D

Weather
The weather change has been dramatic to say the least, I can't believe only last month I was walking around in shorts and a small top. The nights are bitter now! But only because the change in temperature in the day to night it so vast. If there are no cloud it is around 20°C and at night it is going down to 8°C... it is very hard to dress yourself in the morning, knowing you are going out in the heat but you'll be freezing coming home! Also, the air has become very dry... thinking we need a humidifier for the flat...

Earthquakes
We are feeling the odd shudder here and there but it has got to the point were if they are barely noticeable I hardly react! Me and Fran have both experienced (separately) being in our apartment and there was an earthquake measuring around a 3 on the scale... strong jilt at first then just wavering until still again... not too scary but I have given up on experiencing earthquakes... we've been there, done that now... no more please... pretty please?!

Ok, you are pretty much up to date with everything now, if I have missed anything I will make sure to write it in my next post :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment