Tuesday 30 November 2010

We're back from Kyoto


We're back in Saitama now, after having an awesome couple of days in Kyoto!!!! We got back to Tokyo around 7am this morning, then went back to our apartement and slept for a couple of hours before going straight back to work.

It wasn't what we were expecting at all... it was so much better!!! Kyoto is a huge place... I think what we were expecting was a big village in the 1900s. How wrong we were!!  
I wanted to write a quick post about Kyoto as our holiday, then I am going to write smaller posts about each place we visited... that way it doesn't seem such a big task for me, and maybe I can write 1 per day! There are sooo many photos, I think it's going to take me a week to sort through :-)!   
We travelled to Kyoto on an over-night bus from Tokyo Station, stayed in a hostel for 1 night, then back on the night bus last night.

I had brought our Lonely Planet's guide to Kyoto with us, which to be honest is the first time I have taken it anywhere with us, but it was really great and I'll be carrying it around in my bag next time we do some sightseeing!!! The buildings weren't really high, like in Tokyo, but it was clearly a city! "A city of two tales" said Fran - haha!

I will start writing each post tomorrow... right now... I must sleep !!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments: