Monday 29 November 2010

Kiyomizu-Dera Temple


This was the place I was most interested in seeing and was by FAR my favourite thing to see in Kyoto!
I really had no idea to expect this kind of view from up there! I knew the temple was on the side of a mountain, but when looking at photos of it before we went the same photo taken by lots of different people came up and NONE of them were like this!!! I was amazed and told Fran I thought we had come to the wrong place but we were amazed by it so kept walking up the mountain!



Look how cute!!! This little dog with a bright red maple leaf on it's head - so cute! And the beautiful red leaves in the background!!!



If you didn't want to pay to go into the temple to can walk as far as the picture above but the entrance only cost ¥400 which was one of the cheapest entrance fees!



And now for the typical, cliché (but gorgeous) shots...







At the front of temples there are ladles with a fountain of water were you wash your hands (and mouth sometimes) before you enter the temple, but this one I think was just for fun (though I'm sure very serious before I upset anyone - hehe) There were people queuing up to have a go, they had to catch the falling water in their ladle, looked like alot of fun to me!


After seeing the temple we came down the mountain pretty fast and went on a wander through the back streets up towards Gion, I am going to mark up a map to show you the route we took, it was a lovely walk and would definitely recommend it and we saw an amazing sunset!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment