Thursday 5 August 2010

Giants vs Carps - The Baseball

So, Dave and KT told us when first got here that they would take us to a baseball game and they didn't disappoint!


Tokyo Dome is in Suidobashi,  It is called Tokyo Dome City. I can't believe I have never seen it before, mainly because I work like a 5 mins away and you can also see it from the train station! I thought I was more observant than that. Away it was a lovely please with a VERY TALL hotel, it had fairground attractions,  a Cinema and Shopping Mall, etc

When we got inside the game was just starting, and people were getting up, moving around, sitting down, rustleing food. Even when I went of the use the bathroom the shops were all full even though the game was still playing.







I went for a bit of a wander to see if I could get any closer to the players... I was looking at the row of proffesional photographer nicely placed on the same level to get great close up photos (sigh). Well I knew that wasn't going to happen for me so as we were sat on the tier above so I walked down as far as I could go and took photos for about half a minute until I got told to sit down. haha. Oh well... I was really pleased with the ones I got!




It was very disappointing that the team we were routing for (The Giants) actually lost! But never mind. It was a great experience, and I want to go again, maybe concertrate on the rules next time instead of being "photographer" :-)

After many beers and many frozen flannels this was the best shot I could get out of them ;-) (hehe!)


Well we got outside.... Ow, no I have something else to tell you first. Basically as everyone was trying to leave the stadium there was 1 door open and a turnstile door where only one person could fit in each segment. We opted for the 1 door but as we got closer we realised everyone was being like pushed or something as they got to the door. We were both very confused but kept moving towards the door. Basically there were 2 guys inside the building to move you out the door one by one and one guy on the outside to make sure you got through ok... When I walked through I was PUSHED forward BY AIR and I lost my and I did a little run to steady myself, the same when Fran came though to! We were amazed by it! We think it must have something to do with some air conditioning somewhere and it created a vacuum to get everyone out as quickly as possible? Hm.. who knows - Totally surreal!
Anyway, back to going outside... everything was lit up and it was beautiful so I had a chance to get some pretty cool photos - so I did!


All in all we both had a great night - so thank you Dave and KT, and hopefully in a few months time we could return the favour ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment