Sunday 29 August 2010

Yukata and Hanabi



Well, this was my first chance to wear a Yukata and it was great. Yukatas are the summer version on a kimono and they are much easier to put on!! A lady who I am doing some photos for very kindly lent me her yukata. Isn't it beautiful! We felt very lucky that we all had different coloured yukatas!!! Tereza put it on for me, it's funny because she is brazilian and she knew better than the Japanese! hehe





There were 10 of us and we had such a great time! We had Kakigori (shaved ice) and you pore a flavour on to the ice and then you can add milk to make it taste more like an ice cream or a milkshake. I didn't really fancy the melon or strawberry flavour so I ended up put some sort of blackcurrant spirit on and it was amazingly DE-licious!!!!!!






We went up to the roof to do Hanabi... I was quite exited about the Hanabi which are hand held fireworks, til we got them out and they were sparklers!!! Hehe, Well anyway, sparklers are amazing so all was good!!!!

I was amazed at the fact that when ever anyone lit theirs they would stand still and their hand wouldn't move and they were just so excited that there was a "Hanabi" on the end of their arm! I decided to show them how it's done in England - drawing picture and stuff - and everyone was sooooooooooooo excitable and everyone wanted to try...

Rieko's go...


Clint's go...

Then we played a game with a different type of Hanabi, you had to light it and then it would eventually have a fireball on the end and the last one to drop the ball wins! It was fun!

Everybody was very excitable and we had a laugh and lots and lots of fun!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment