Sunday 25 July 2010

Ameyayokocho Market Street in Ueno




























Finally Fran was off and we could go somewhere together - I am so lucky that I can entertain myself by going to somewhere I've never been before for hours as long as I'm taking photos, and then sorting them out when I get home! Fran had never been to Ueno before and I though he should see the park as I was amazed by the size of it. In Tokyo you would be suprised how one minute you could be in the busiest of places and a 5 min walk can take you to most beautiful park. It's still quite surreal! We decided as it was a sunday we should get out and see the famous Ameyayokocho - Ueno's market streets.

I got some gorgeous Yakitori (chicken with onion on a stick covered in a gorgeous soy sauce - YUM!) I had had one the day before at the festival but when I decided I wanted to get some more they had sold out!! They mainly sold fish and meat, but they also sold shoes and bags and umbrellas and other things that you would expect from a market, the prices were pretty cheap for Tokyo as well... I was pretty shocked by the squid legs for sale in ice!!! pretty awful! Take a look at this video!



YUCK, Yuck yuck!!! well I was over it as soon as I'd seen it to be honest - at least I don't HAVE to eat it!!! We went off to Ueno Park and walked around the lake. There wasn't alot we could do as we were melting in the heat (around 36 degrees) so we walked in the shade and ended up chilling on a park bench for a bit. Here are our photos from the day. We soon went back home and chilled out in from of the air con!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment