Thursday 8 July 2010

A Day at Ueno Zoo


So, as Fran started his training yesterday ... I had to keep myself entertained!!! I decided to go to the zoo! I got off at about 10am, and it took just over half an hour to get the Subway to Ueno. I came out in Ueno Park, and I am soooooo taking Fran back there!!! It is huge and had so many things to do... the zoo, an amusement park, and museums I think, and the park itself was beautiful!!!


So I stayed there the whole day which was alot of walking, and I saw EVERYTHING!!!! Never done that before!!!! It cost me ¥1120 to get there and back and cost only ¥600 admission!!! Very cheap!!!
I got sooooooo many photos and I can't put them all up on the blog so please please please check out them out by clicking here. So here are a few of my fave with a few of my thoughts about the zoo






So there was only 1 tiger in here... to be honest there were a few of the animals which I felt bad for... there always are at any zoo ... like a hand full of animals looked bored and sad and there were others that looked like they were having so much fun so I just though, well I am using this as experience for my photography... and I'm here, so I better make the most of it!!!!!!

There were so many birds here that I'd never seen before!!! Like this one!!! How great is he?!?
The Meerkats were totally cute!!! honestly they looked like they were having so much fun!!!

The Emperor Penguins looked pretty sad, the zoo were in the process of building them a brand new environment so they were in a small plastic room encloser with not much light and really not much room!!! :-( It made me sad that I had wanted to see them so much (I'd never seen them before today!) and then they were coped up. This has definitely made me want to go see them in the wild in their own habitat... I don't know how or when... but I really really want to do it!!!
The beautiful view over the west side of the zoo, looking out over Ueno Park and Ueno!!!


Cutie little Japanese bird! Ok ok, I've posted too many photos, there are so many more I like but I'll only post 1 more I promise!!!! Really pleased with this one...


Also, very quickly, I was very sad that there were no Giant Pandas there like I had hoped... Ling Ling (their last Giant Panda) passed away in April 2010. :-( so Ueno Zoo have NO Giant Pandas :-( :-( :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment