Friday 23 July 2010

Earthquakes

Ok, so I obviously don't want to say I want to be in an earthquake but apart from the one we had in Manchester a couple of years ago, I haven't experienced one. So to be honest I am intrigued!!! I have been keeping an eye on the earthquake reports just incase I thought I felt one and then I could check

So we have been here nearly 6 weeks now, and we have had no signs of any earthquakes... now  there are on average 4 a day throughout Japan (not many of them are in Tokyo).

To put it bluntly... me and Fran slept straight through 2 earthquakes this morning!!!
So when I woke up (not thinking anything of it) I checked the website and it said there were 2 in the space of 10 mins with the epicenter right on tokyo. and where we live they both measured a 4 on the Japanese earthquake metering system (which goes from 1 - 7)... all I can say is I am gutted (I know I know I should be thankful)! But everything is fine, there is no damage or anything ... Tokyo is built ready for a strong earthquake! Like KTs office building, it has springs either at the top or the bottom which will absorb any earthquake should it hit. So between now and the next earthquake I am going to be handcuffed to my camera ready to get a video at any moment!!!!

But for now... no big earthquakes please Japan, no big earthquakes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment